India’s Vistara flies to Bangkok

0

BANGKOK, 30 August 2019: Vistara, an Indian airline partly owned by Singapore Airlines, inaugurated a daily service to Bangkok on Wednesday.

Vistara will now fly daily between Delhi and Bangkok offering a premium economy class for travel between India and Thailand in addition to business and economy.

A joint venture between TATA, an Indian conglomerate and Singapore airlines, Vistara will be the sole airline offering three classes of travel on flights between the two capital cities.

Vistara now flies to several destinations in India including Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.

Vistara celebrated the inaugural flight by distributing gift bags and chocolates to passengers.

India is a major source market for Thailand generating  1.57 million visits last year up 13%. This year trips should reach 2 million encouraged by a visa-on-arrival fee waiver then extends to April 2020.

But the outbound travel market from Thailand to India is growing, mostly corporate and leisure travel heading for the New Delhi gateway and Buddhist pilgrimage travel to Kolkata. Approximately 200,000 Thais visit India annually mostly on tour packages.

Vistara launched services to Singapore from Delhi and Mumbai earlier this month followed by the launch of daily service to Dubai, UAE out of Mumbai. Bangkok is the third international destination.

Now five years old, the airline serves 27 destinations, operates over 1200 flights a week served using 23 Airbus A320 and eight Boeing 737-800NG aircraft.

Vistara, is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) with Tata Sons holding the majority stake of 51% in the company and SIA holding the remaining 49%. It was formed 9 January 2015.

Refer from: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2019/08/indias-vistara-flies-to-bangkok/

 

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More